Q3 2017 financial goals for the quarter ahead!
We’re into the second half of the year, so what goals am I setting myself over the summer? There’s a fair bit of carry-over from the last quarter’s goals here, but here’s what I’m going to focus on for the next quarter.
Cat-sitting business – marketing, and a bit more marketing, as I still need some clients!
I managed to get my first ever client just over a week ago, but one is obviously not enough! So, why don’t I start with more or less the same goal as last quarter:
my first new, paying client, some more new, paying clients, people who didn’t already know me beforehand. The summer holidays are almost upon us, and will have gone by the end of this quarter, so I really hope to have a few more clients by then. Shall I be bold and aim for 5 new clients?! This seems like a very ambitious target, but I’ve decided to go with it as it’s summer, and therefore prime time for people going on holiday and potentially needing someone just like me to look after their moggy while they’re away.
How am I going to do that?
- Learn how to use Facebook! Invite some people to the business page (I’ve been waiting as I didn’t have any material up there), and try and regularly post new material.
- Possibly set up a Google+ business page. Has anyone done this, would you recommend it?
- Post more online ads. I’ve done a couple, maybe a few more?
- Start telling more people about the business. Yes, actually talk to people I know who live locally, probably far more effective than a piece of paper shoved through the door.
- Finish leaflet deliveries. (Maybe! I’m still thinking other types of marketing might be far more effective).
I didn’t do any of these last quarter, so it’s a direct cut and paste.
- Set up a Facebook page for my blog.
- Join the UK Money Bloggers group.
- Be a bit more active with this generally!
- Set up a £50 per month saving into my equity ISA. So far, I’ve put only lump sums into the ISA but, after looking at our finances for the renovations, I think I can afford to save an extra £50 per month.
- Proof-read a book for my husband so that he can self-publish.
There are a couple of goals from last quarter I’ve decided to not even put on the list this time around, either because there’s too much to occupy my time and mind with the above, or because they’ve just slipped down my list of priorities. I’ve listed them below so that I don’t forget them!
Ones not to forget about…!
- Work on my idea for a new business, I’m interested and keen, but am not getting much free time at present.
- Change broadband / telephone provider. We’re still having problems….
So, there we have it, a new set of quarterly goals! If you have any marketing suggestions, or other thoughts, I’m all ears. Otherwise, I’ll report back in 3 months!